12 February 2013

Knit, Crochet and stamp!!!

So here is an update on what I have been up to the past few weeks.  After mastering how to make checkered slippers it was time to move on to a different project....the slipper bag was overflowing!!  I attended our ladies craft group at church one Monday afternoon to get some ideas and some wool in hopes of making something useful for others.  Our craft group makes afghans, hats, mitts, etc. to donate to a group who in turn sends them to an orphanage in the Ukraine.  Hopefully these bright colours will bring a smile to a child's face as she snuggles under its warmth.

On Saturday evening I attended a Stampin up workshop and make the following cards.  Love the this new stamp set with the vintage bike and telephone booth!  Because I couldn't decide which to make I made both, using the extra piece of cardstock that was supposed to be for the inside of my card to make another front.  Smart thinking, huh!!?!


The butterfly card can't help but put you in the mood for spring, which is just around the corner....or not!
I was so, soooo very excited to make the peacock card, as it just so happens I have the perfect friend to send that to!! It's so much prettier in real life!
We also made a Valentine's Day card, but you'll have to wait until the 14th to see that one.
I'm feeling more motivated to get into my stamps and ink again, but first I really want to finish the afghan. 
Thanks for stopping by. Enjoy your day!!  It is snowing here again...cause we need more! Good day to snuggle up with a good book, or a crochet hook!!


 

2 comments:

  1. There were a lot of good things that came from that workshop - I really love that phone booth stamp! I really like the direction that you're going with that afghan too!
    It's good to see you posting more regularly again too - keep up the good work!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome Joyce! You sure have been a busy girl! Keep up the great work. The cards look amazing.

    ReplyDelete