04 June 2009

Sun and Sand

Hello....yes it's really me! No, I have not fallen off the face of the earth. My daughter pointed out that the novelty of blogging has already worn off. Not really...just busy with work and other distractions. One of these distractions was a lovely week away with my hubby for a much needed vacation. We went to our favorite resort at Mrytle Beach. Before we left, the weather forecast did not sound too promising...mostly rain, cloud and thunderstorms. But...we were blessed with 5 days of glorious sunshine with only 10 minutes of rain on Friday afternoon, and temperatures of 25-28 degrees C!! I think it rained mostly inland, and not along the beach. Listening to the ocean...the waves rolling in...is the most calming sound. I love being near the ocean...odd for someone who can't swim and doesn't care much for boats...but I did say 'near' the ocean, and not 'in' it. I miss our oceanfront balcony....now we sit on our deck and look at the green lawn...but, hey, that's okay too!

1 comment:

  1. yeah okay. novelty hasn't worn off? hehe
    nice to see an entry. :)

    ReplyDelete