09 January 2012

What was in the bucket??!!

For those of you who follow my daughter Brittany's blog, you would have probably read her recent post on the hours we spent...well, I spent.....cutting blocks to finish the quilt she is working on. (You can check out her blog - 'BK' - under places I visit).
While rummaging through rubbermaid buckets looking for my quilting tools and fabric to cut up, I came across some unfinished projects I had totally forgotten about. I blame it on the fact that I developed a sudden interest in scrapbooking....and then card making....and all my quilting projects were put in the 'i'll finish it later' pile.
The log cabin baby quilt top is machine sewn, and I have the backing, batting, and binding to finish it.... This unfinished project I took a class for in Oct. '99....yup, that's more than 10 years ago...!! Shame on me!! It's called 'Grandma's Country Album', and is completely hand stitched and appliqued. As you can see I only have one more row to attach....it's all those darn small squares that need sewing together. At least they are cut and marked so I know exactly where they need to go! You will be proud of me when I tell you I actually worked on it last night....hand sewing those little squares together. I may just get this top finished yet, it is the task of quilting the thing that is scaring me! If it isn't enough that I have these projects to finish, I started looking through my stash of Quilting books and magazines.... ....after all, I do have two weddings this year....a quilt would be a nice gift don'tcha think?!!

3 comments:

  1. Impressive!! Way to go, Joyce! Get them finished!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Quilts would be wonderful gifts! ...especially because you have 2 almost finished... (and the best news is that the quilt shop on Pannell Lane is having a sale on quilting services for the month!) That would save you a few hours...
    Oh, those quilts are beautiful, by the way!

    ReplyDelete
  3. There's a little cottage on the Severn River that would love a Joyce Knapper original quilt ...

    ReplyDelete