08 July 2009

News from afar

Yesterday was the best day! Well, it didn't get good until about noon, when the mail arrived. There was a long envelope addressed to Ron Knapper and family, and I said out loud (yes, I talk to myself) 'what is this?' It looked like a child's handwriting....and it was.....my child!!! You can't even imagine my excitement when I opened it and realized it was from Kristen! I jumped around singing, 'I got a letter from Kristen...I got a letter from Kristen..! (yes, I talk to myself). She writes the way she talks, full of expression and excitement. Oh, but that's not all. Around 8:00pm the phone rang....would I accept a collect call...? "Hi Mom" the sweet, familiar voice said. Oh my goodness, a letter and phonecall on the same day! She'd had a few crappy things happen, she said, and just wanted to call her mommy. Awwww! So good to hear her voice and how much she is loving her job there, and how many great people she has met. So good to hear she is happy with her decision to work there for the summer....but hey, this is Kristen. She is a 'wherever-you-go, go-with-all-your-heart' kind of girl! Hearing her voice, just makes me want to jump in the car and go see her and give her a big hug. It's the 5 hour drive there that's holding me back. So a simple 'love you and miss you' will have to do for now. And I rest in the peace that God is there with her and loves her even more than I do.

No comments:

Post a Comment