12 October 2009

Thanksgiving

A fall quilt to share with you today. This is a table cover I made a few years ago when I was more into quilting, and not so much into card making. It was also before I started having to wear glasses for reading and such, and found it frustrating when I couldn't thread a needle without them. Ahh, the many pleasures of growing older. Anyway, this quilt was hand-pieced and appliqued and then hand quilted. I love hand piecing and quilting...it takes longer, but I find it very relaxing....at least I did.....when I could see. I love the fall colours, and even if you visit my home in the middle of summer it will probably still be on the table, because it is one of the many quilts I actually kept for myself. I would love to start a new quilting project, or maybe finish up some old ones, but first I need a new prescription....you know, so I can see to thread a needle.
Hope everyone had a blessed Thanksgiving weekend with family and friends.
Thanks for stopping by, Joyce

2 comments:

  1. Now you tell me that you used to quilt?! Your quilt is gorgeous, and I can't believe that it's all hand-pieced!
    Did you know that you can buy reading glasses at Dollarama, and Walmart and Shopper's? They might buy you some time.....
    Jannette

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Joyce,
    Your quilt is beautiful. Love the colours, you did a great job!
    Now about those glasses............
    See you soon, Anja

    ReplyDelete