25 November 2009

Say 'Appo'!

First of all I apologize for the blurry picture. This card is for my daughter Brittany, who I spent a lovely morning with yesterday. "Apple Emma" is so cute and I just had to send it to her as we have a family joke about apples from since Brittany was very little and just learning to talk. Apple was pronounced 'appo' and we would encourage her to say it over and over, louder each time, just because it was so cute to hear her say it. So this card included all the 'apple' cliches I could think of....the most important being "you are the apple of my eye!", and my other favorite, "the apple doesn't fall far from the tree!" I made this card during my 'stamping therapy' time last week at a friend's house, since she has the stamp and the wonderful prisma pencils to colour it with. Thanks for stopping by. Oh, and have an apple today, I hear it keeps the doctor away!

2 comments:

  1. It's a perfect card!!!
    I am sure she liked it. Did you have a good time?
    Take care, Anja

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cute card!
    We also have a funny apple story courtesy of my youngest daughter - she came home from Kdgn. singing a song - "When you hold a bruise-y apple..." We couldn't figure it out, so we called the teacher, who cleared up the mystery - the correct line is "When you hold a ROSY apple..."
    Of course, now every time we find a bruised apple, we sing the song!

    ReplyDelete