13 December 2009

Happy 50th!

Yeah! My 50th post! Happy 50th blog day to me!!
These cards are two more using the skaters stamp I love so much. I did one in white and ruby red, and the other in real red and white. Used the snowflakes and swiss dots CB's and ribbon. Raised the skaters slightly because I find it sticks better over the ribbon. I am also sending this card to my Uncle and Aunt celebrating their 60th wedding anniversary. I'm sure they did some pairs skating in Holland, way back when!
I hope you are all enjoying getting ready for Christmas, whether it be by making cards, baking, shopping, listening to the wonderful music, and quietly meditating on "Jesus, the reason for the season". In my devotional this morning I read how one mom wrapped up the baby Jesus from her nativity scene and put it under the Christmas tree with all the other gifts. She gave it to one member of the family to open, to remind the family that among all the other gifts under the tree the Gift of Jesus is the greatest gift given, and one we have to share with everyone...not just now, but all year long.

5 comments:

  1. Congratulations on your 50th post! Love the cards too....
    Thanks for sharing the Christmas present story - we still don't open our gifts on the 25th to keep the emphasis on the true meaning of Christmas.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations on your 50th post!!!
    Really nice cards, love the ribbon, have I seen that before?
    Have a great day, Anja

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Joyce,

    I like how you colour your stamped images to match the paper...I hope Santa knows what papers I have so that he can bring me some markers. :):)

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a nice 50th post Joyce! You do such a nice job with the skaters.
    When I first saw them I thought of my parents and going skating with them on Saturday mornings at the rink in Petrolia. They skated around the "old fashioned" way and I thought how nice they looked together and how smooth and fluid their strokes were, arm in arm and skating in unison. What a nice memory. Thanks for the "trip".
    Nancy

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy 50th my friend - i always enjoy a wee visit to your site - thanks for the beautiful card - i don't see it on the site but i sure enjoyed it -
    merry Christmas - talk to you soon

    ReplyDelete