01 January 2010

Happy New Year!

Peace....what a beautiful word! There is something about saying it out loud that just makes me feel calm. This great little card was a creation from my niece. She handed out her homemade cards at Christmas to all the family, and each one was different. She is a very talented card maker!!! I told her to start a blog so we can see all her creations, but she said....'oh, they aren't that great!' I think they are, don't you?!?
My prayer for this year is that peace may live in our homes and in our hearts. That we may have peace with what God has given us and what He has not. That though we can't bring peace to the whole world, we can at least bring peace to our own small part of it, by the things we do and say. 'Let there be peace on earth, and let it begin with me...'
Blessings to you all in 2010!

1 comment:

  1. What a beautiful card! I agree - she's definitely talented!
    I love your prayer, and the thoughts about peace - we live in a peaceful nation (for the most part), so it shouldn't be hard to live at peace with all men, right? But when I focus on how others are keeping or making peace, I'm not looking at how I'm keeping and making peace - and it DOES begin with me. Thanks for the reminder!

    ReplyDelete