06 July 2010

Celebrate You

This birthday card is for a lovely lady who is celebrating her birthday this month. I think I sent it a bit too early as her birthday isn't until the end of the month....oh well, better too early than late, which is what I usually am.
These pretty flowers were sitting in my pile of coloured images waiting to be finished. I have so many of those word charms that I bought at $rama and hardly ever use.....what else is new...... I added some dp, ribbon, and of course yellow stickles on the flowers.
Last week I moved my table and stamping ensemble from the basement to an empty upstairs bedroom that has two wonderful bright windows. That called for some re-organization, and the overwhelming, almost embarassing fact that I have alot of 'stuff'. My hubby has named the room my 'studio', and thinks all the 'stuff' is actually pretty neat. Never mind that he doesn't know I haven't used alot of it yet. I am reminded of the words from the lovely lady who this card is for...her hubby said, 'it's ok to buy it, as long as you use it'.....aw, words of wisdom. He obviously has never been to a stamping store where everything calls out to us....'take me home'!
So, today is another one of those 42 degree humidex days, that warns us to stay indoors. OK.
I have some cleaning to do, and then gotta watch the World Cup match - Hup Holland Hup!!!!
Thanks for visiting today. Stay cool!

1 comment:

  1. Pretty card! Love the colours - makes me feel cool looking at it!
    I'm looking at some of the "stuff" I have (and when I bought it, I was positive I NEEDED it!) - now some of it is going to the garage sale at SGD...
    I'm glad the Netherlands is playing Spain - I wouldn't know who to cheer for otherwise...

    ReplyDelete