01 February 2011

Brrr....it's cold!

Wow, it's cold outside! So thankful to be warm inside with the fireplace on, and a hot cup of coffee.
I noticed my last two posts were on the first day of the month, so since it is the first of February, (already!) I am due for a new one. Since December was a busy month and I was feeling very unmotivated to make cards, I decided to give myself permission to take January off from posting and search through my craft room to see where my mojo was hiding. What I found was that I was looking for inspiration from all my stuff, and couldn't find it there. It had to come from within myself...and there seemed to be an empty spot there. As I sat down at my craft table among my paper and stamps and began flipping through a card magazine I knew what my problem was....my expectations of myself were too high. I needed to be reminded of why I loved to make cards in the first place. It's not a competition and every card does not need to be a work of art. Now that I have ridded myself of that pressure, I seem to be enjoying it so much more.
So....a card. I love these skaters! And since I have a bunch left over from Christmas I switched up the colours and made a birthday card perfect for this time of year. Thanks for stopping by and bearing with me through my 'drought'. Who knows....tomorrow I may even have another post.

1 comment:

  1. I wish I had a winter birthday!
    Love your card - especially all the different elements that you used. I would never have thought of stamping something else with the trees... I just might have to CASE you!

    ReplyDelete