21 February 2011

Happy Cupcake Day!

Happy Family Day!! Hope you enjoy spending the day with those you love....doing whatever it is your family likes to do! My husband is off to help my brothers shovel their driveways this morning after last nights snow...we must have gotten at least another 10 inches! And I hear my daughter Kristen, home on reading break, just getting out of bed. Brittany is also on reading break, but is spending the week on a missions trip in El Paso and Juarez. Another birthday card to share....I like the layout, but not sure about mounting it on the white base, may need to change that. The piece of white twill I used across the top of the card to stamp Happy on is actually a handle from a La Senza bag. I cut all the fabric handles off store bags figuring they would be great for ribbon on cards....putting the reduce, reuse, recycle into practice. Enjoy your day! Maybe I will get to spend some time in my craft room today, but Kristen says we have to play games together all day.....maybe we can make a card together too....probably not!

2 comments:

  1. Great card, Joyce! Happy Family Day! Talk to you soon, Anja

    ReplyDelete
  2. You obviously had a much more fun day than I did - I also had a "kid" home, but I spent the day at the church library - and didn't get to make a single card.
    I really like your card - it's SO cute and cheerful! Love the recycled ribbon too...
    I didn't have a chance to tell you yesterday, but I'll be keeping Britt in my prayers this week.

    ReplyDelete