17 August 2010

My Neighbours Flowers

First I must thank my neighbour for her wildly overgrown flowers on the side of her house, it helped me finish this card. I had already coloured the flowers yellow and they were, well, boring. As I sat staring out the window, the flowers next door waved at me "look, aren't we pretty...add some orange...then your flowers will be pretty too!" So add orange I did....much better. Stamped a second image of the flowers, coloured just the bottom few, cut them out and raised them. I really love the 3-D look. The ribbon idea is copied, I wanted to try that too. Was going to add a sentiment but went with the brown pearls instead.
Thanks for stopping by. I think I will go outside and see if any more flowers in my neighbourhood speak to me!

2 comments:

  1. What a great card! Love the popped up flowers, and the ribbon - now I have to try that too! I'm trying to figure out what colour that DP panel is... and the pearls are perfect in that corner - I especially love the different sizes (I've got to try that too!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. hey! i remember those stamps! good decision! love the card.

    ReplyDelete