04 August 2010

Not my Friend!

This card is not my friend!! I admit it turned out quite pretty in the end....but while I was making it nothing seemed to be working for me....that was yesterday. I watercoloured the image and then cut around the sand, dog and girl because I knew I wanted to mount it on this great blue textured paper and have the girl and the dog popped up, but the sand glued down. Once that was done I ran it through the cuttlebug and made it round. Then I mounted it on one colour, then another,and another....oh, maybe if I scallop the edges...nope, didn't like that either. Let's try some patterned paper for the background....or maybe not....maybe just a small piece of dp and a plain background. Lets see, I have so much paper laying around I think I've lost my image somewhere in this mess. I know....how about just walk away!! That was yesterday.
Today, I went back into my craft room and had it finished in half an hour using pieces I had cut out yesterday. Today, it looks fine.
Yesterday was not my friend either. Good thing it's over.
Today was much more productive. Let's do today again tomorrow!!
I

1 comment:

  1. Yesterday wasn't my friend either....
    Love the card though - I'm glad you persevered!

    ReplyDelete